Admire the wonderful rooms of the Royal Palace which has been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
The Palace of Versailles was recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1978 and is undoubtedly one of the most popular and most spectacular attractions that Paris has to offer - being just 25 kilometres from the city centre. The majestic palace that we see today is very different from what was originally a simple hunting lodge and country residence. The radical transformation which took place was a result of King Louis XIV's desire to see this setting that he loved and which was where he enjoyed his numerous secret affairs, far away from the prying eyes of the court, turned into somewhere worthy of the French monarch. Now it is possible to visit many of the rooms that were loved by The Sun King and also to enjoy the evening shows by the majestic fountain that is situated in the beautiful grounds. On this page there is the option to buy two different types of tickets: Entry to the rooms + and audio guide or entry to the rooms and the Musical Fountain Show. Just choose the right one for you on the booking form.
What you can expect from a visit to the Palace of Versailles
You will be amazed by this spectacular building with its ornate gold decor in the Italian-French style of the 18th century. You will have a chance to admire a range of different artistic styles in the rooms of the palace which range from baroque to classicist and imperial. All the furnishings have been preserved as they were originally which will enable you to get a real feel of the court's atmosphere and the famous celebrations which were held inside the famous Palace of Versailles. Thanks to the assistance of an audio-guide which you can pick up at the entrance, you will be able to learn in detail about all the secrets of this historic building which has been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. As you stroll through the royal quarters, you can admire your reflection in the famous Hall of Mirrors which is an experience that every tourist and art lover from anywhere in the world enjoys. For additional information, read our article entitled The Palace of Versailles.
Bear in mind that:
- Disabled access is available;
- Adult entry: from €18.00;
- Free entry for EU citizens under 26 years of age, disabled visitors and their carers. An identity document is compulsory in order to gain access;
- Average duration of a visit is 4 hours;
- There is an Audio-Guide available in 11 languages;
- Tickets are available immediately on your smartphone;
How to buy tickets on-line
- Select the date on the calendar on which you wish to visit and click on "check availability";
- Choose the number of adult tickets remembering that young EU people under the age of 26 can access the Palace free of charge;
- Complete your booking details or log in with Facebook or Google;
- Effect payment for the tickets via your preferred payment method and receive your tickets immediately by email, SMS or straight to the App;
- On the day of your visit just show the tickets on your smartphone at the entry to the palace.
What is included
- Tickets on a smartphone are accepted. The last access is 30 minutes before the closing time;
- An Audio Guide with a map in 11 languages;
- Places to visit: The State Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, the King's Apartments, the Queen's Apartments and access to the Nobles' Rooms .
How to get there
- RER C: direction Versailles-Château-Rive Gauche;
- SNCF Train: direction Versailles lles-Chantiers or Versailles-Rive Droite;
- Tour of Versailles by car: transport by private car with driver;
- Open every day from 09:00 to 18:30 - except Mondays