Book a transfer to/from the airports in Istanbul
Istanbul is a city rich in history and a multicultural centre divided between Europe and Asia. You absolutely must visit it at least once in your life! There are dozens of attractions to visit and places to get lost in, so don't waste precious time during your trip and choose an Istanbul Airport Taxi that can take you from the airport to your hotel and vice versa. You will save money and you won't have to wait for public transport or study the best route with the buses. Start your holiday straight away!
Istanbul, also called Byzantium or Constantinople, is one of the most populated centres in Europe. Its position along the Bosphorus Strait distinguishes it partly as a European city and partly as an Asian city and consequently a fascinating centre where different cultures mix. Admire the mosques, let yourself be enchanted by the sunset over the Bosphorus, get lost in a bazaar - these are some of the experiences that this magical city has to offer.
What to see in Istanbul
Among the many attractions, we recommend you visit:
- Holy Mother Sophia or Hagia Sophia Mosque : Founded as one of the most important cathedrals in the Christian world by Justinian, it was transformed into a mosque after the conquest by the Ottoman Empire;
- Basilica Cistern : is an underground structure established as a water reservoir in the 16th century where a pagan basilica used to stand, built with elements and decorations from ruined buildings;
- Topkapı Palace: It is one of the most spectacular buildings in all of Turkey, where the Ottoman sultans lived for four centuries, while now it is a museum that can be visited.
The new Istanbul Airport was opened in April 2019, replacing the old Ataturk Airport. Created primarily at the request of Turkish Airlines, it was projected to be the largest airport in the world, capable of accommodating more than 150 million passengers each year.
It is located in the European part of the city and, although it only has one terminal, inside it contains the largest duty-free boutique in the world, as well as passenger services such as shops, cafes, fast food, supermarkets, pharmacies and even a hospital.
Indicative taxi prices from Istanbul Airport
|Istanbul Taxi||1-4 passengers||5-8 passengers|
|From the Airport to the Aya Sofia Mosque||from 38 euros||from 42 euros|
|From the Airport to the Basilica Cistern||from 38.50 euros||from 42.50 euros|
|From the Airport to Topkapi Palace||from 39 euros||from 43 euros|
Distances from Istanbul Airport to points of interest
Although the airport is actually within the city district, it is located in the European district of Arnavutkoy, about 45 km from the most important tourist attractions. The relative distance means that it is very important when planning your trip to carefully evaluate which airport transfer to choose. Traffic, especially in high season or during rush hour, can delay your arrival in the city centre, wasting precious time and dangerously pushing up the fare in public taxis.
Here are some examples of distance and travel times under average traffic conditions:
- From Istanbul Airport to Aya Sofia Mosque: distance of 43 km, with an average journey time of 55 minutes;
- From Istanbul Airport to the Basilica Cistern: distance of 42 km, with an average journey time of 55 minutes;
- From Istanbul Airport to Topkapi Palace: distance of 42 km, with average journey time of 55 minutes.
Transport in the city
- IST-1S Bus: from the airport to the city centre the ticket costs 18 Turkish Liras (almost 3 euros) with an average journey time of 110 minutes. There are other bus lines that allow you to reach other areas outside the city centre;
- Public Taxi: variable rates based on traffic and time of day with an average journey time of 60 minutes; determined by waiting times at the airport, traffic, time of day and time of year;
- Private Taxi: no waiting time at the airport, 24 hour trips, fixed fare without a meter.
Once you have arrived in the city, you can choose to move around with public transport managed by different companies. Metro, bus, underground railway line, modern and old trams, ferries, funiculars, cable cars are available. Depending on the destination to be reached, you can choose which vehicle best suits your needs. Keep in mind that the metro consists of only two lines that for the moment do not reach the city in a widespread way, while buses allow you to reach almost all areas. However, avoid them during rush hours because the traffic often creates traffic jams with very long journey times.
In extreme traffic conditions it is possible to use trams, which have their own lanes. They run every 5 minutes from 06:00 to midnight and are easier to use.
If you want to move from the European to the Asian zone you can choose the underground railroad tunnel, the fastest way, or one of the ships that cross the Bosphorus, with longer journey times and definitely with an impressive panorama.
Tickets for individual trips must be purchased on land and cost 4 Turkish Liras each (approximately 0.60 euros) and there are no daily tickets or weekly passes.
Taxileader.net service in Istanbul
As mentioned in the previous section, choosing a Istanbul Airport Taxi is the fastest and most convenient option. At the time of booking you will have a fixed fare which will not change based on the traffic conditions. You will not have to wait for the vehicle at the terminal, as your driver will know the flight details and will wait for you at the arrivals, with a sign with your name on it. After having communicated your address at the time of booking, you will not have to worry about any linguistic misunderstandings. Also, if you have chosen to pay the full amount of the transfer when you confirm your reservation, you don't even have to worry about currency exchange at the airport.
Our drivers have been working in the sector for many years and with their experience they will take you to your destination by the shortest route. The vehicles available to you are among the most modern and comfortable, suitable for any situation such as families with children, large luggage or large groups.
Do not forget that for any requirement, there is customer service available at Taxileader.net in several languages. If your flight is delayed, it will be necessary to contact us through our customer service or send a message to the emergency number. This way the driver will wait without you having to pay any extra.
How to book
You can book your Istanbul Airport Taxi by calling the English customer service or by filling in the form on this page which is active 24 hours a day. You will need to have some travel details such as flight details, destination address and card details for payment. By filling in our form you will be able to choose the vehicle you want from those we offer and the fare for the trip will be automatically calculated, which will be held from the moment you confirm the reservation. To complete the transaction, it will be necessary to pay a small deposit or, if you prefer, the total amount. Payment can be made by credit card, prepaid card or bank transfer.
- How far is the airport from the city centre? The airport is about 45 km from the centre, with a 50 minute journey in a private vehicle.
- After booking, can you change the rate? No. At the time you make your reservation, the price is locked, so you will not have any unpleasant surprises on your arrival.
- What kind of car will I have available? When you make your reservation, you may choose among the cars offered to find the one closest to your needs, such as the amount of luggage or the presence of a car seat.
- How can I tell my address to the driver? At the time of booking, when you complete the form, you will have already entered your address. When he picks you up, the driver will already be in possession of this information.