Book a transfer from the airport in Cyprus
The island of Cyprus is one of the most popular all year round for millions of tourists because of its climate and beaches. For this reason, it is important to plan your airport transfers in advance: by booking a Cyprus Airport Taxi you will receive a highly professional service, which will take you from the airport directly to your hotel at a fixed and very affordable rate.
The island is politically divided into two parts, one belonging to the Republic of Cyprus, and the other to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. This has allowed for a mixture of cultures over the years which makes the island very special, especially together with historical sites of great tourist interest. You can find in fact the Selimiye Mosque a few steps away from the Kykkos Monastery, the Byzantine Museum and the Kourion Archaeological Park, as well as the Green Line in the centre of Nicosia which divides the Cypriot part from the Turkish part.
In addition, the beautiful beaches on the Mediterranean make it perfect for a holiday where you can combine hours of sunbathing with visiting cultural sites, especially in May or October, when the climate is cooler and the islands less crowded.
What to see in Cyprus
Among the most important attractions offered by the island, we recommend:
- Nicosia’s Green Line: In the centre of the capital there is a place where you can pass from the Greek Cypriot side to the Turkish side, so you can see the difference between the two sides by showing your passport at the military gate;
- Selimiye Mosque: Born on the grounds of the ancient Cathedral of Hagia Sophia in Nicosia. It is completely white with a red carpet. To enter you must be barefoot and the women must have their heads covered;
- Famagusta City: There are traces of Mycenaean, Genoese, Venetian and Ottoman settlements, and among the most important attractions is the Cathedral of San Nicola;
- Kourion archaelogical site: A few kilometres away from Lemesos, in this site it is possible to see remains dating from the 13th century BC, as well as a wonderful panorama overlooking the sea.
There are several ways to get to Cyprus:
- Larnaca Airport: is the first airport on the island. It is located 8 km from the city of Larnaca and has only one terminal. It was built after the airport of Nicosia was closed after the Turkish invasion of the island. Inside you can find services for passengers and duty free shops.
- Ercan Airport: is the main airport of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. It is almost 15 km from Nicosia in the north but cannot be reached by direct flights from other nations. In fact, it is necessary to make a stopover in Turkey, which is the only country to recognise northern Cyprus.
- Paphos Airport: is the second airport on the island and is located almost 7 km from the city of Paphos. It is one of the most used by tourists who want to reach the beaches of Cyprus, especially in low-cost airlines such as Ryanair or EasyJet.
Indicative taxi prices from Larnaca Airport
|Larnaca Taxi||1-4 passengers||5-6 passengers||7-10 passengers||11-14 passengers|
|From Larnaca Airport to the Nicosia Green Line||from 58€||from 78€||from 96€||from 108€|
|From Larnaca Airport to Famagusta||from 66€||from 90€||from 114€||from 132€|
|From Larnaca Airport to Limassol||from 60€||from 84€||from 101€||from 114€|
Indicative taxi prices from Paphos Airport
|Paphos Taxi||1-4 passengers||5-6 passengers|
|From Paphos Airport to the Nicosia Green Line||from 138€||from 156€|
|From Paphos Airport to Paphos||from 34€||from 40€|
|From Paphos Airport to Limassol||from 78€||from 96€|
Distances from airports to points of interest
Depending on where you decide to land, the points of interest on the island can have different distances and consequently different travel times. As we have already mentioned, it is possible to arrive at the island through three airports and for this reason, during the planning of your trip, it is necessary to think carefully about which airport you will arrive at, what the traffic conditions will be, the season and the day of the week. Here are some examples of distance and travel time:
- From Larnaca airport to the Nicosia Green Line: 55 km / journey time 45 minutes;
- From Ercan airport to the Nicosia Green Line: 35 km / journey time about 1 hour;
- From Paphos Airport to the Nicosia Green Line: 145 km / journey time about 2 hours;
- From Larnaca Airport to Famagusta: 63 km / journey time about 1 hour;
- From Ercan Airport to Famagusta: 50 km / journey time about 40 minutes;
- From Paphos Airport to Famagusta: 180 km / journey time about 2 hours and 20 minutes;
- From Larnaca Airport to Kourion: 85 km / journey time about 1 hour;
- From Ercan Airport to Kourion: 110 km /; journey time about 1 hour and 40 minutes;
- From Paphos Airport to Kourion: 50 km / journey time 50 minutes;
Transport in Cyprus
Once you arrive on the island, there are different transport solutions depending on the airport of arrival. There are public and private taxis at all airports; the former are available at the exit of the terminal, but their presence is influenced by several factors, such as the time of day, the season, the passenger traffic and a greater financial burden, since the fare is calculated by means of a taximeter.
Therefore, we recommend the convenience and speed of a private, fixed-price taxi in Cyprus, with fares often more competitive than public ones, especially if you are traveling in a group.
Cyprus is a small island, there are no internal flights and the railway has been in disuse for many years. Therefore, it is possible to travel around it by bus or private vehicles.
There are frequent trips operated by private companies that connect the main cities of Cyprus. For example, intercity buses have several routes, which include:
- From Larnaca to Paphos every 5 hours or so and a cost of 7 euros each way;
- From Nicosia to Paphos every 3 hours or so and a cost of 7 euros each way;
- From Nicosia to Ayia Napa every 3 hours and a cost of 5 euros each way;
- From Limassol to Paphos every 2 hours or so and a cost of 4 euros each way.
Taxileader.net service in Cyprus
Taxileader.net has been operating in the private transfer sector for years with a highly professional driver service with many years of experience. Once you have arrived at the terminal, you will find a driver with a sign that will have your name on it. The destination address will be provided at the time of booking, so you will not have to give any additional information, thus saving you from language misunderstandings.
The route will be calculated at the time you make the reservation and therefore you will not find the taximeter in our vehicles. You can pay in advance for the transfer or give a small advance payment, so that you do not have any problems with the currency exchange upon your arrival. The service has an emergency number which you must call in case of flight delays. The driver will wait for you at the airport without paying any additional fee. At the moment you make the reservation, you will receive a text message with the confirmation and you will be able to receive special discounts if you also book the return transfer.
You can choose the car best suited to your needs, depending on the number of passengers and luggage or if, for example, you need a child seat.
How to book a taxi in Cyprus?
Booking the Cyprus Taxi service for your airport transfers is actually very quick and easy. On this page you will find a form that you will have to fill in with your details. You will need to indicate the destination address and flight details, choose the vehicle you prefer from those we offer and communicate any special needs, such as a car seat for your children. Once you have completed this information, the system will automatically calculate the price of the trip, which will be locked from the moment you receive the booking confirmation email.
To complete the booking it will be necessary to pay either a small advance or deposit, or the total of the service, you can choose to pay by credit card, debit card, Paypal or bank transfer. Taxileader.net will be with you on your arrival allowing you to enjoy your holiday from the very first minute!
How do I recognise the driver? The driver will wait for you directly in the arrival area of the airport, with a sign with your name on it. It will be very easy to identify him.
What happens if my flight is delayed? You will not have to pay any surcharge, but it will be necessary to send a message to the emergency number to report the delay.
Which airport should I use to get to the capital, Nicosia? The most used airport is Larnaca, which is about 50 km from Nicosia, with a journey time of 50 minutes by taxi.
Does the price vary according to traffic conditions? No. With our service you will pay a fixed price that you will know when you book, so you won't have to worry about traffic.