Book in advance a taxi in Brussels
Not everyone knows that depending on the number of passengers, a private taxi from Brussels airport is cheaper than public transport. The capital of Belgium is a city that always amazes those who visit it. The reason lies in the fact that it is a place rich in history and culture, but it is also the capital of Europe since it became the seat of the European Parliament. Its 169,000 inhabitants live in a city that stands on seven hills and is one of the most beautiful European capitals. It is mainly a city where both young people and adults can have fun and enjoy their vacation. You can admire the artistic beauties of the capital but also taste the delicious Belgian chocolate.
What to see in Brussels
Although it is not a huge metropolis, the visitor is spoiled for choice about things to see. Here are some:
- Grand Place: obviously the most important place in Brussels, as well as one of the few European squares without facing a church. It was destroyed by a fire in the seventeenth century and rebuilt in a faithful way to the original. Since 1998 it is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. On this square overlook the most important monuments of the city such as the Town Hall.
- Beer Museum: in it you can find over 1000 different types of beer, and at the end of the route you can taste the exquisite Belgian beer.
- Atomium: a structure present in all the Brussels postcards. This is a steel construction built in 1958, on the occasion of the Universal Exposition.
The Belgian capital has two airports: the international one is located in the town of Zaventem, about 12 kilometers from the center of Brussels. It is well connected to various foreign cities and has a passenger traffic of just under 18 million visitors a year.
Like the Amsterdam - Schipol airport, Zaventem has been voted as the best in Europe several times (the last victory was in 2005). The connections between the airport and the center of Brussels are far better than that of Charleroi. Among the available means there are the Airport Express train, various buses and taxi service from Zaventem airport.
The other airport, Charleroi, is situated in the homonymous town of Wallonia, about 45 kilometers from Brussels. Despite the distance from the capital, many people prefer to land here thanks to cheaper tickets than Zaventem. This airport has 2 passenger terminals and offers travelers free and unlimited WiFi, the "Fast Track" service to skip the line at the security controls and a whole series of refreshment points and duty free shops.
As for connections to the distant center of Brussels, the shuttle service, train and taxi service from Charleroi airport are available.
Taxi approximate cost from Brussels airport
|Zaventem airport - Brussels
|Charleroi airport - Brussels
Distances between Brussels Airports and some points of interest
- Zaventem airport - Grand Place: to reach the square, symbol of the Belgian capital, it takes only 35 minutes to take the A201 motorway.
- Zaventem airport - Manneken Pis: along the A201 highway, you will cover the 14 km that separate the Brussels airport and the statue of this cute baby, another unmistakable symbol of the city.
- Zaventem airport - Atomium: who wants to visit this important structure, has to take the E40 road; the distance between these two places is about 15 km, and the relative travel time is about half an hour (in condition of no traffic).
- Charleroi airport - Grand Place: due to a greater distance, the two places are far away 68 km, to cover which it takes about 1 hour.
- Charleroi airport - Manneken Pis: this tourist attraction can be easily reached via the roads E420 and E19, which takes one hour to reach the destination.
- Charleroi airport - Atomium: who wants to see this unique attraction, which is 67 km from the airport, takes only 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Public transport in Belgium and in particular in the capital is perfectly organized. However, what is more beautiful to see in the city is concentrated in the small historic center, which could easily be walked around. However, there are several public transportation available to users, including the metro, buses and trams, all operated by the same transport company, the STIB, which is provided here with the official website. The metro has 4 lines serving the whole city until midnight. At night, the races are carried out by special trams. Urban buses and trams, on the other hand, travel along the streets of Brussels along 50 lines that reach the outskirts. An alternative way to visit this beautiful city is the Sightseeing Bus, or the Tourist Bus, which allows you to see the most significant attractions in Brussels. It has two lines (red and blue), and leaves from the central station.
Taxileader.net service at Brussels Airports
Despite the excellence of Belgian transports, for those who want to experience an unforgettable holiday in this beautiful capital, the best solution is to use a private taxi in Brussels. Booking is simple: just fill out a form with the details of the transfer and you're done. A qualified driver will wait for customers inside the airport, exactly at the exit of the terminal and will accompany them to their destination. The driver will be recognizable by the fact that he will have a sign bearing the name of the passenger already specified in the reservation. With this kind of service, you know the exact cost of the transfer before departure and ensure a transfer not shared with strangers but only with travellers belonging to your group.
Why choose taxileader.net
The Taxi Brussels service is ideal both for those who choose to spend a weekend in this charming city, and for those travelling for work. What distinguishes Taxileader.net, is the fact that you know in advance the amount to be paid to the driver, which is not the case with public taxis, where it is the taximeter to "master it". With our service we guarantee a private transfer with driver in possession of a regular license and a customer service always ready to dispel any doubt or resolve any type of problem may occur.