Book a taxi at Rio de Janeiro Airport
For all those who arrive in one of the airports of the Brazilian city, choosing a taxi service in Rio de Janeiro is the best option they can take, because the private transport to and from the city airport saves time and has an expert driver available.
A driver who will wait for your arrival at the airport is a comfort that is difficult to forego, especially if you want to start your vacation in the second largest city in Brazil, only surpassed by Sao Paulo. The city is famous for its natural beauties, its numerous beaches and the wonderful mountains that form the framework of this already spectacular panorama. Rio de Janeiro is also famous for folkloric events such as the famous carnival, the most famous in the world! Its ever-moving popular culture also offers many local events you can participate in during your stay in Brazil.
What to see in Río de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro is one of the most important cities in Brazil, famous for its carnival and beaches like Copacabana, but not exclusively. Booking your trip in this place is, therefore, an excellent option for those who love to have fun and love the sea and beautiful beaches. However, Rio de Janeiro is also much more and there are many things to see once in the place.
What's there to see in Rio de Janeiro? Here is a list of architectural and scenic beauties not to be missed.
- Beaches: they are surely one of the most beautiful attractions in Rio de Janeiro. In the collective imagination, the best known is Copacabana, known for the beautiful girls as well as for the sea and the very long beach (about 6 km) and always full of people and fun. Ipanema and Leblon are also beaches to consider if you are in the city.
- Laguna Rodrigo de Freitas: it's just a stone's throw from Ipanema beach and it's one of those gems everyone should see. Here there is also a beautiful botanical garden worth visiting.
- Christ the Redeemer: this is perhaps the symbol par excellence of the city. It is a statue of Christ the Redeemer on top of Mount Corcovado. More than 30 metres high, the statue is one of the most photographed things in the city. Moreover, thanks to its open arms, it seems to embrace its surroundings.
- Sugarloaf Mountain: is a very characteristic rock, located in Guanabara Bay. It is 338 metres high and is visible from all areas of the city. The name, quite peculiar, is due precisely to the conical shape of the rock, which resembles a large mould used in sugar processing.
Antonio Carlos Jobim Airport in Río de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro's international airport is known as Galeão's airport, as it is located on the famous Brazilian beach Praia do Galeão. However, the internationally recognised name is Antonio Carlos Jobim Airport and the IATA code is GIG. It is the main port of the city of Rio de Janeiro and is about 20 km from the city centre.
It is a very busy international airport and is the second in Brazil, after San Paolo. In the city there is also another airport, decidedly smaller, which is Santos Dumont...
Rio de Janeiro airport has national and international routes. For this reason, a great number of planes arrive, even from Italy. The airport is, in fact, directly connected to Rome Fiumicino, thanks to Alitalia, which operates its flights to and from this destination.
Indicative taxi prices in Rio de Janeiro
|Rio de Janeiro Taxi
|From Rio de Janeiro Airport to the aquarium
|from 7.31€ per person
|from 7€ per person
|From Rio de Janeiro Airport to the Cathedral
|from 7.90€ per person
|from 7€ per person
|From Rio de Janeiro Airport to Copacabana
|from 10.05€ per person
|from 9.50€ per person
Distances from Rio de Janeiro Airport to some points of interest.
Antonio Carlos Jobim Airport is located about 20 km north of the city centre and is right in front of a beach. If you take a taxi into Rio de Janeiro from the airport, it will take you about 30 minutes to reach the so-called Sul zone, which is one of the long and famous beaches such as Ipanema, Copacabana, Leblon, etc. Here are some examples of distances and times.
- From Rio de Janeiro Airport to Christ the Redeemer: distance 28 km and average travel time 50 minutes;
- From Rio de Janeiro Airport to Guanabara Bay: distance 12 km and average travel time 30 minutes;
- From Rio de Janeiro Airport to Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon: distance 21 km and average travel time 30 minutes;
Transport in Rio de Janeiro
In the city we can find different types of public transport: metro, buses, trains and taxis. Let's see how the Brazilian transportation system works and how to get around the city easily:
The Rio de Janeiro underground is very comfortable and well developed. It consists of several lines, characterised by different colours, and is generally operational from 5:00 a.m. to midnight during the week and on Saturdays, while on Sundays and holidays it is operational from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. There are three lines: the green line, the orange line and the yellow line. For tourists, however, the orange line and the green line should be taken into consideration. Line 1, orange, is used to move towards Copacabana and towards the Centro district. The yellow line, on the other hand, arrives at Leblon and Barra de Tjuca departing from Ipanema.
Buses are another useful means of transport in the city and can be used to move from one place to another in a simple way and, above all, you can admire the beauty of the place comfortably seated. However, it is advisable to always try to combine a trip by metro with that of the bus, to reach the most distant areas of the city even more easily.
- Public taxis are useful for short city trips, but not recommended for airport transfers. The reason is very simple: having calculated the costs with a taximeter, there is the risk of paying prices for airport routes which are not entirely honest.
For more information, such as timetables, fares and stops, we recommend that you visit the official website Public transport in Rio de Janeiro.
Taxileader.net service from Rio de Janeiro Airport
Those who arrive in the great Brazilian metropolis often do so with only one intention: to have fun. That's how spending hours at the airport to understand how to get around and get to the city centre is not the ideal starting point for a holiday that promises to be memorable.
Choosing the underground or bus for the first transfer to the city is not the recommended option, especially if you want to get up early and feel comfortable in your own accommodation, whether it's a hotel or an apartment.
Using the Taxileader.net service is the best option, as it allows you to reach your destination in the shortest possible time, conveniently and at a competitive price. To access the service and book your Taxi in Rio de Janeiro, all you have to do is fill out the form with all the requested information about the arrival and, if you also decide on the return service. This way we will have all the information available to organise a perfect transfer.
Upon arrival at the airport, the customer will find an easily recognisable driver, who will have a sign in his hands with the name displayed at the time of booking the service. In addition, an emergency number will be provided to report delays or problems.
Confirmation of service is usually made within a few hours of payment of a small deposit, which can be paid by credit card or prepaid card. The remaining balance will be paid directly to the driver.
These are some of the many benefits of the service:
- Personalised service with online booking 24 hours a day;
- Secure and guaranteed payment;
- Transportation by licensed drivers;
- Reception directly at the airport with a sign;
- No surcharge is required in case of flight delay;
- Price locked at time of booking;
- Possibility of choosing the vehicle that best suits your needs and the number of passengers;
- Modern and comfortable vehicles;
- Free confirmation SMS;
How to book a private taxi in Rio de Janeiro
Choosing a service such as Taxileader.net allows you to have a qualified driver at your disposal who can guarantee transportation from the airport to the city centre, or to one of the points of greatest interest, in the shortest possible time.
This is a private taxi service that therefore allows you to board with your fellow travellers and their luggage. Both details, i.e. the number of passengers and the number of luggage, must be specified in advance in order to perfectly organise the service.
Taxileader.net offers competitive rates, all the security of selected drivers and the possibility of booking the service with a small fee to be the deposit. You can choose between a transfer from the airport to the city centre, the hotel, the apartment or another destination. We also offer a transfer service from the city to the airport.
Those who book their private transfer will have impeccable customer service at their fingertips.