Book a transfer at Riga Airport
Are you starting to arrange all the little details of your trip to Latvia? Don't forget to book your airport transfers in advance. With the Riga Airport Taxi service, you will not have to worry about currency exchange, taxi meters, directions and language misunderstandings, because the service is private and at a fixed price!
Built on the banks of the Daugava River, Riga is a capital in constant evolution, in fact since the fall of the Soviet Union until today numerous improvements have been made to the city, thus becoming one of the most important economic centres in the Baltic Republics.
It is also impossible not to be enchanted by this beautiful old city, with its colourful buildings and very particular architecture, as well as the inevitable visit to the Art Nouveau district, which takes its name from the remarkable concentration of Art Nouveau style buildings. Listed as a World Heritage Site, in this district as well as in the historic centre, you can take a walk in a real open-air museum that will leave you open-mouthed.
Carefully evaluate the time of year to visit the city. During the winter temperatures can reach -20 degrees, while in summer the climate is temperate with peaks of up to 30 degrees.
What to see in Riga
A visit to the following attractions is a must on your itinerary:
- Art Nouveau District: built in the mid-1800s, it has over 800 buildings constructed in the modernist style, in addition to the National Art Museum and the National Theatre;
- The Cathedral and its Square: the Cathedral is one of the oldest buildings in the city, marked by the fact that it is slightly sunken in comparison to the other buildings of the same architecture and that makes the square a tourist centre;
- Town Hall Square: This square is home to some of the most important buildings in the city, including the City Hall, the Black Heads House, the Museum of the Latvian Occupation and the Riga Synagogue.
Riga International Airport (RIX) is the main airport in the country and is in the municipality of Mārupe, almost 10 km from the capital. It has only one terminal but is one of the most important airports in the Baltic Republics, with a traffic of more than 7 million passengers each year, especially with the low-cost airlines RyanAir and WizzAir.
Inside the airport there are a number of services such as shops, cafeterias, fast food outlets, supermarkets, pharmacies and duty free shops, as well as play areas for children, conference rooms and private rooms for those who want to wait comfortably for their flight.
Indicative taxi prices from Riga Airport
|Taxi in Riga||1-4 passengers|
|From the Airport to the Art Nouveau District||from 6.50 euros per person|
|From the Airport to the Cathedral||from 6.25 euros per person|
|From the Airport to the Town Hall Square||from 6 euros per person|
Distances from Riga Airport to points of interest
As we have already mentioned in the previous paragraph, the airport is located in a city close to the capital almost 10 km from the city centre. Despite the relative proximity, it is necessary to carefully evaluate all the factors when choosing a transfer. Getting to the most important tourist attractions can be influenced by some variables such as traffic on the road, timetables or the station, and travelling at peak times or during the holidays could greatly increase journey times, especially with public transport, making the cost of the trip with public taxis go through the roof.
Here are some examples of distances and journey times:
- From the Airport to the Art Nouveau District: about 11 km away, with an average journey time of 20 minutes in a private vehicle;
- From the Airport to the Cathedral: about 10 km away, with an average journey time of 15 minutes in a private vehicle;
- From the Airport to the Town Hall Square: about 10 km away, with an average journey time of 15 minutes in a private vehicle.
Transport in Riga
The following possibilities are available to reach the centre of Riga from the airport:
- Bus: bus and minibus lines number 22, 322 and 241 run from the airport to the central station from 05:45 to 00:00. Tickets cost 1.15 euros per journey and can be bought at the ticket office, while if you buy it on board it is 2 euros per journey;
- Public Taxi: Variable rates based on the company you choose and the time of day (between 15 and 20 euros) and the journey time is 20 minutes but is determined by waiting times at the airport, traffic, times of day and period of the year;
- Private Taxi: no waiting time on arrival because the driver will be waiting for you directly inside the airport, 24-hour travel and non-metered fares.
Once you have arrived in the city, we advise you to get around on foot or by bike. Riga is small and with a good pair of walking shoes and a desire to explore it is possible to visit it comfortably.
If you prefer to use public transport, you can always use the ones managed by the company Rigas Satiksme which has a network of buses, trams, trolleybuses and minibuses that run from 5 a.m. to midnight, with tickets valid in all vehicles and a night service on holidays.
There are also 10 minibus lines in circulation, an unusual system that was very common in the former Soviet Union, which can hold up to 16 passengers and does not have fixed stops. It is therefore possible to get on and off wherever you want. The fare varies according to the route and the journey times are very variable, as there are often traffic jams.
Taxileader.net service at Riga airport
With the Riga Airport Taxi service offered by Taxileader.net you will be able to travel with complete security and peace of mind. The service offers you a transfer with drivers who have several years of experience and will also allow you to enjoy affordable fixed fares from the moment you book.
Once you have arrived, you will find your driver waiting for you with a sign that bears your name. Therefore, you will not have to wait uselessly or look for the bus stop, which also has a terminal in the central station and, therefore, you would also have to change your mode of transport to get to your accommodation. On the other hand, with our taxi service, you will be accompanied to your destination without any problems of linguistic incomprehension. You will be able to choose from the most comfortable available vehicles the one that best suits your needs, for example if you are travelling with children or a group of several people.
If your flight is delayed, just notify the emergency number and the driver will wait for your arrival and you will not have to pay any extra.
The address of your destination will be indicated from the moment you make the reservation, so you don't have to worry about any linguistic misunderstandings. Finally, it will not be a problem to change the currency because at the time you want to confirm the reservation you can pay the total service and enjoy discounts if you also want to take the return.
How to book
The Riga Airport Taxi reservation service is available online 24 hours a day, simply by filling in the form on this page. You will need to have some information such as flight details, luggage number and destination address. You will be able to choose the vehicle you prefer from those available and then the fare for your journey will be automatically calculated and fixed from the moment you book.
To complete the booking, a small advance payment will be required or if you prefer you can pay the total amount as well. Payments can be made by credit card, prepaid debit card or bank transfer. Taxileader.net will allow you to enjoy your holiday from the moment you arrive in Riga!
- How far is the airport from the city centre? The airport is about 10 km from the centre, with a 15-minute drive in a private vehicle.
- Does the price vary according to traffic conditions? No. With our service you will pay a fixed price that you will know when you make the reservation, so you will not have to worry about the traffic.
- What kind of car will I have available? When you make your reservation, you can choose from the cars we offer that are closest to your needs, such as the number of suitcases or the presence of a car seat.
- How can I tell my address to the driver? When you make a reservation, by completing the corresponding form, your address will already be entered. When the driver picks you up, he/she will already be in possession of this information.