Book a transfer at Orio al Serio Airport
Even if Bergamo airport is a considerable distance from the centre of Milan, with a Taxi from Orio to Serio in less than an hour you can get to the city and start your holiday in the best way.
Among the most important attractions not to be missed in Milan we suggest: the famous Duomo, the Sforzesco Castle with its medieval atmosphere, the famous temple of music, La Scala Theatre, as well as numerous neighbourhoods to experience and visit, such as the Navigli, Brera, Isola, Porta Romana and much more.
The attractions to visit in both Milan and Bergamo are numerous and, if you are looking for a solution to optimise time and therefore visit as much as possible: our advice is to book a private taxi in advance at a fixed cost, thus saving time on airport transfers to easily reach any destination you choose in the city or its surroundings. In addition, with this type of service, you will receive a welcome directly inside the airport at any time of the day or night.
What to see in Bergamo
Of all the attractions in the Lombardy city, these are really the most must-see:
- Walls: known as the Venetian walls, this wall is about 5 km long and extends along the perimeter of the old city;
- Piazza Vecchia: the heart of the city centre with its fascinating Contarini fountain;
- Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore: the building is Gothic in style and has a wonderful collection of tapestries inside.
Milan-Bergamo Airport Orio al Serio
This airport is not really in Milan but is located between the cities of Bergamo and Seriate and is therefore about 50 km from the city centre. It is dedicated to the famous artist Caravaggio and is the third Italian airport by number of passengers, which are more than 40 million each year. Originally born for military purposes, it now belongs entirely to the RyanAir company, which here has a private hangar and operates exclusively with European international flights. It has a single terminal where there are numerous passenger services such as restaurants, shops, bars and other types of businesses such as banks, pharmacies, post offices and emergency services.
Indicative taxi prices at Orio al Serio
|Orio al Serio Taxi
|From Orio al Serio to the centre of Milan
|from 40€ per person
|from 18.10€ per person
|From Orio al Serio to the central station
|From Orio al Serio to Sforzesco Castle
Distances between Orio al Serio Airport and some points of interest
As already mentioned in the previous paragraph, the airport is located in the city of Bergamo and, therefore, any point of interest in Milan is very distant and can only be accessed by the motorway network. For this reason, when organising your trip, pay even more attention to traffic conditions, the season, the day of the week, not forgetting the motorway toll. Here are some examples of distance and travel times:
- From Orio al Serio to Milan's Duomo it is about 53 km on the A4 motorway with an average travel time of 50 minutes;
- From Orio al Serio to the Sforzesco Castle there is about 60 km via by the A4 motorway with average travel times of 50 minutes;
- From Orio al Serio to the San Siro Stadium are about 60 km by the A4 highway with an average travel time of 45 minutes;
- From Orio to Serio to La Scala Theatre there is about 50 km via the A4 motorway with average travel times of 60 minutes.
Transport at Orio al Serio
There are several transport services from Bergamo-Orio al Serio airport to the centre of Milan: bus, train or taxi.
- As for the train, whose ticket costs around €4, you have to take into account an additional stop to reach the Bergamo train station.
- The K350 bus can take you directly from the airport for €7, but also in this case it will be necessary to take into account an additional change from the terminal at the Central Station to your destination.
- As in most airports, even in Orio al Serio you will be able to take advantage of public taxis when leaving the terminal, which in Milan are a recognisable white colour with a luminous sign on the roof. However, the use of public taxis to and from Bergamo airport is one of the least economical modes of transfer: in fact, from any point in the city to the airport, it is necessary to calculate the fare with the meter, which actually starts counting from the moment it is taken, and the fare varies according to travel time, traffic and time of day (also note that the night fare is higher). The route can be very expensive and can also incur long waiting times at the airport because the airport is very far from the city centre.
- For this reason, it is advisable to book in advance and enjoy the comfort of a private taxi in Orio al Serio at a fixed price, which allows freeze the cost of transfers to the airport and ensures the reception inside the airport with a sign.
Once in the city, you can move around comfortably with Milanese public transport vehicles: metro, tram, bus, train. In fact, this is the cheapest way to move around Milan: with different types of tickets: a single trip, daily, weekly, monthly, 10 trips, you can travel in any means of the service ATM (Azienda Trasporti Milanesi) in other words Milan's Transport Company in Italian. The advantages of public transport, as well as the fares, are the timetables: in fact, the vehicles travel almost all day, with alternative replacement routes during the night hours. In particular, the metro is fast and frequent at all times and its 4 lines cover almost the entire area of the city, while moving with trams and buses can be slower at peak times.
It is not recommended to use the car in the city due to traffic, numerous limited traffic areas and infrequent parking, while it is easier to move out of the city centre: the city has three ring roads: north, west and east. which form a ring around the city, making it easier to reach the points of interest more on the periphery.
Taxileader.net service from Orio al Serio Airport
As already mentioned, to get to the centre of Milan, the Taxileader.net service offers routes at a fixed price, unlike white public taxis. With this service you will know the price of the route in advance without having to watch the meter. In addition, the driver will know the details of your flight and wait for you at the airport even in case of delays, all in complete safety, with super competitive prices and without additional charges, traveling in new and comfortable vehicles. In this way, you can face your trip in a more serene way and devote yourself to organising the routes you like best. At the time of booking, you will already provide the address of your destination and the driver who will pick you up at the airport will take you there directly, without waiting times and unpleasant surprises on arrival.
These are some of the many benefits of the service:
- Personalised service with online booking 24 hours a day;
- Secure and guaranteed payment;
- Transportation by licensed drivers;
- Reception directly at the airport with a sign;
- No surcharge is required in case of flight delay;
- Price locked at time of booking;
- Possibility of choosing the vehicle that best suits your needs and the number of passengers;
- Modern and comfortable vehicles;
- Free confirmation SMS;
For the reservation, just complete the form on this page and enter your destination, flight details, then choose the car you prefer among the proposed ones and the system will automatically calculate the exact cost of travel, thus avoiding nasty surprises on arrival.
The service offered by Taxileader.net saves you time and money, it's safe and guaranteed! Don't hesitate to book and forget all your worries!