Book a taxi in Moscow
Whether you’re visiting the Russian capital for work or pleasure, getting from airport to the city centre with a fixed-price taxi service is your best and most convenient solution. By booking a Moscow Airport Taxi right now, you will know the price of your journey, and you can even pay up front to avoid having to change currencies. Moreover, you can reach any destination you want quickly and conveniently without having to worry about asking for directions, traffic, taximeters, or the local language. The initial trip is always the hardest because you are burdened with luggage and you are brand new to the city, but a pre-booked personal taxi can help relieve this hardship so that your trip gets off to a good start.
Moscow is full of history and over the years has undergone much political upheaval. Walking around the streets of this city is like going back in time, and the changes are palpable. Like many other European capitals, the city is extremely busy and lively at any time of the day or night, and it is also the country's most important cultural centre. Visiting both during the cold winter days as well as during the warmer summer days is really exciting. Get your trip off to a good start from the moment you arrive without wasting valuable time on long waits at the airport or endless stops with public transport!
This charming capital founded on the banks of the Moskva River is important not only for tourism, but also because it is the biggest European city by population, and it is one of the most economically active cities in the world. The city also plays a role in foreign policy because it is the site for the headquarters of the Russian government. Since the fall of the Soviet Union, the city has undergone continuous changes from a cultural point of view, and you can relive these stages of transformation in the city’s numerous museums. Read on to find all relevant information about this amazing city and the fixed-price private taxi service at Taxileader.net.
What to see in Moscow
Out of all the capital’s top attractions, these are not to be missed
- The Kremlin: this enormous stronghold is the most important in Russia and a UNESCO world heritage site;
- Red Square is one of the largest squares in the world and the heart of the city with many streets branching off from it;
- St. Basil's Cathedral: one of the most famous churches in the world, renowned for the spectacular nature of its architecture;
- The Bolshoi Theatre: having the chance to attend one of the shows at the temple of ballet and classical music is an essential experience.
There are several ways to reach Moscow:
- Domodedovo Airport is one of the largest Russian airports for domestic and international flights. It is located in a town of the same name about 45 km from the city centre and has three terminals for passenger transport;
- Sheremetyevo Airport is located in Khimki, about 30 km from the centre. It is considered the most important airport in the capital, and the biggest in Eastern Europe with five terminals;
- Vnukovo Airport was initially built for military purposes and was later converted into a passenger airport. The airport is situated in the town of the same name about 30 km from Moscow and it has three terminals.
Indicative Prices for Moscow Taxis
|Taxi Moscow||1-4 passengers||5-8 passengers|
|From Domodedovo Airport to the centre of Moscow||7 euros per person;||8 euros per person;|
|From Sheremetyevo airport to the centre of Moscow||7 euros per person;||8 euros per person;|
|From Vnukovo airport to the centre of Moscow||7 euros per person;||8 euros per person;|
Distances between Moscow airports and some points of interest
Depending on where you land, distances to the city’s main tourist areas can vary greatly. As mentioned above, all three major Moscow airports are outside the city in the neighbouring towns. Therefore, when planning your trip, you should think carefully about your choice of destination airport, traffic conditions, seasons, and transport on the day of the week. You can find some examples of distance and travel times below:
- Domodedovo – Kremlin: 45 km – journey time: approximately 1 hour 20 minutes;
- Sheremetyevo – Kremlin: 34 km- journey time approximately 1 hour;
- Vnukovo – Kremlin: 30 km – journey time about 50 minutes;
- Domodedovo – St. Basil’s Cathedral: 45 km – journey time: approximately 1 hour 15 minutes;
- Sheremetyevo – St. Basil’s Cathedral: 35 km– journey time approximately 1 hour;
- Vnukovo – St. Basil’s Cathedral: 30 km – journey time: approximately 50 minutes;
- Domodedovo – Bolshoi: 48 km – journey time: approximately 1 hour 30 minutes;
- Sheremetyevo – Bolshoi: 30 km– journey time approximately 1 hour;
- Vnukovo – Bolshoi: 30 km – journey time: approximately 1 hour;
Once in the city you can easily explore the central area on foot. As for the attractions outside of the historic centre, we recommend using the official website Public transport in Moscow.
Don’t be discouraged by the difficulty of the language with different characters, as the underground is actually very easy to use. There are 12 lines with 200 stations, and you can reach almost all the places of interest in the city.
The architectural beauty of some of Moscow’s stations are a tourist attraction in themselves. Most of the lines are open from early in the morning until one in the morning (operating around as many as 20 hours per day). There are different types of tickets, (e.g. single, two journeys, 20, 40 and 60 journeys), or you can buy the Troika Card which allows unlimited travel on all public transport. The city also has a network of buses, trams and trolleybuses, although they are quite outdated and of little interest to tourists, especially since they mainly go to destinations on the outskirts of the city. In front of you Moscow’s airports, you will find public taxis, which are usually yellow and with bright writing on their roofs. There are usually cars available because they are large airports, although their availability may vary according to the time of day, day of the week, current demand, and traffic conditions. It is often worth booking a private taxi just for convenience alone.
Taking a public taxi usually involves long waiting times for passengers, as well as exorbitant costs.
Taxileader.net service at Moscow Airport
With Taxileader.net you can get to any destination in Moscow, from any of Moscow’s airports, and you company do it all hassle-free with our fixed-price private taxi. You will know in advance what you’ll pay, which means you may enjoy your trip without having to keep an eye on the taximeter. You will be taken directly to your destination via the quickest route, and there's no need to worry about the language barrier because the driver will already have been notified of your destination at the time of booking. Payment is guaranteed by the most secure online channels.
To book a taxi, simply fill in the form on this page by entering your destination and your flight details. Choose your preferred car from those available, and the system will automatically calculate the exact cost, which helps avoid any unpleasant pricing surprises when you arrive.
Taxileader.net allows you to save time and money and focus on enjoying your trip to Moscow. Book now!
Why choose Taxileader.net
Below you can find a list of all the advantages our service offers you:
- Personalised service with 24-hour online booking;
- Guaranteed secure payment;
- Licensed drivers;
- You will be greeted at the airport with a name sign;
- No extra fees in case of flight delays;
- Locked-in prices from the time of booking;
- Choose the most suitable vehicle for your needs and number of passengers;
- Modern, comfortable vehicles;
- Free SMS confirmation