Book a Taxi to and from Minsk Airport
The Belarusian capital is slowly gaining notoriety and, if you also plan to visit it, you will discover that for getting from the airport to the city centre, the best solution is the Minsk Taxi service. In fact, by booking the private taxi service in advance, you will immediately know the final transportation fare and can already pay the transfer to avoid inconvenience with currency exchange. Minsk is in a very mountainous area and, for this reason, its climate is not as harsh as that of neighbouring Russia and makes your visit pleasant even in spring and autumn. It is one of the oldest cities in Europe and, over the years, has been the centre of numerous political and cultural transformations: its last reconstruction regrettably dates back to the 1950s, because most of the buildings were destroyed during the Second World War. Most of its streets and buildings are influenced by the Soviet style and it is one of the most well-kept cities in the world: its parks are perfectly maintained, and it will be difficult to find disorder. It is possible to walk in both the upper and lower cities and in both there are many sights. In this article you will find all the information you need to start your visit in this beautiful city on the right foot, taking advantage of the private fixed-price taxi service with which you will be welcomed directly inside the airport.
What to see in Minsk
Among the sights in the capital Belarus are the most important:
- Museum of Patriotic War: Here are collected many findings of the Second World War, such as medals of bravery, uniforms and military means;
- National Library of Belarus: Inside a building with a unique architecture, numerous volumes and exhibitions are kept on up to 23 floors;
- Church of Saints Simon and Helen: Its main characteristic is the red bricks with which it is built, which make it stand out from the other buildings that surround it;
- Gorki Park: It is the greenest area of the city and its interior contains a planetarium, an observatory and attractions for children.
Minsk National Airport (IATA code MSQ) is the only airport in the city and has been operational since 2003. In 2017, more than 4 million passengers checked in through it from all over the world. The airport is about forty kilometres east of the city centre and is mainly used by the national airline Belavia, which operates domestic and international flights, especially to Eastern Europe. Inside the airport there are numerous services such as shops, cafeterias, benches and even sleeping cabins, showers and special rooms for families travelling with children. A special feature of the airport is that it houses the Belarus Civil Aviation Museum. This could be a worthwhile proposal to visit during airport waiting times.
Indicative taxi prices from Minsk Airport
|Minsk Taxi||1-4 passengers||5-7 passengers|
|From Minsk Airport to Park Gorky centre||from 8.30€ per person||from 6.30€ per person|
|From Minsk Airport to the central station||from 7€ per person||from 6€ per person|
|From Minsk Airport to Island of Tears||from 8.10€ per person||from 5.90€ per person|
Distances from Minsk Airport to some points of interest
Even if the airport is in the city, it is actually a long way from most points of interest, which can be reached via the motorway network. For this reason, when planning your trip, we recommend that you pay even more attention to traffic conditions, the season, the day of the week, not forgetting the road toll. Here are some examples of distances and travel times:
- From Minsk airport to the Belarus National Library: distance 40 km and average travel time 30 minutes;
- From Minsk airport to the Museum of the Patriotic War: distance 45 km and average travel time 50 minutes;
- From Minsk airport to Gorky Park: distance 43 km and average travel time 45 minutes;
- From Minsk airport to the church of Saints Simon and Helena: distance 46 km and average travel time 50 minutes;
Transport in Minsk
There are not many alternatives to get to the city from Minsk Airport. In fact, there are only three alternatives:
- Bus: connecting the airport to Minsk's central bus station, where it will be necessary to reach the first metro station called "Uručča".
- Public Taxi: Cars are available in the airport arrivals area, but this is not always the best solution, as their fares vary according to the meter and there are many taxi drivers who change the route or try to deceive tourists.
- Private Taxi: Private taxis must be booked in advance through the online form on this page or by calling customer service. With this type of service, the cost of the transfer is fixed and you will also receive the reception directly inside the airport.
Once you reach the central area of the city, you can easily explore the most important attractions on foot or by taking advantage of the metropolitan service. Don't be discouraged by the difficulty of the language because using the metro is actually very simple, the stations are numbered and in each of them there are maps available. There are only two lines, but they are enough to reach any point of interest. The stations are open from dawn to one o'clock in the morning and to get on the carriages you need to have a special coin.
The city also has a network of buses, trams and trolleybuses that allows you to reach more peripheral areas at a lower price than metropolitan service.
For more information, such as schedules, fares and stops, we recommend that you visit the official website Public transport in Minsk.
Taxileader.net service from Minsk Airport
Taxileader.net allows you to reach any destination in the city from Minsk airport: with our fixed-price private taxis you can start your holiday peacefully, because you will already know the price of your trip at the time of booking and you will not have to look anxiously at the taximeter, the driver will take you directly to your destination by the shortest and fastest way and you should not worry if you do not speak the same language, because the driver will already know your arrival address. Nor will you have to wait unnecessarily at the airport because the driver will know the details of your flight and will be there waiting with a sign that shows the name entered in the reservation.
These are some of the many benefits of the service:
- Personalised service with online booking 24 hours a day;
- Secure and guaranteed payment;
- Transportation by licensed drivers;
- Reception directly at the airport with a sign;
- No surcharge is required in case of flight delay;
- Price locked at time of booking;
- Possibility of choosing the vehicle that best suits your needs and the number of passengers;
- Modern and comfortable vehicles;
- Free confirmation SMS;
How to book a private taxi in Minsk
To book a taxi service in Minsk, and thus take advantage of the fixed price, it is necessary to complete the form on this page. You will be asked to enter your destination, the exact time of landing and your flight number. After selecting the car that interests you the most, the system will automatically calculate the exact cost of the route. At this point, it will be necessary to continue filling out the form by entering personal data and making a small deposit by credit card or prepaid card. Do you want to pay everything in advance to avoid currency exchange problems? No problem, select full payment by credit card or make a bank transfer. You will receive a service confirmation email within 12/18 hours and a subsequent SMS reminder the day before your trip.
With this service, Taxileader.net allows you to save time and money and enjoy your trip to Minsk from your arrival. Don't wait any longer and book your transfer!