Book a transfer to or from Catania
Catania is one of the most beautiful cities not only in Sicily, but in all of Italy. It is precisely for this reason that it has become a very popular tourist destination, thanks also to the growth of low-cost flights that have made everything more accessible. If you are looking for a Catania Airport Taxi to get from the airport to the city centre and vice versa, we strongly advise you to rely on the comfort and safety of a private taxi at a fixed price.
In fact, booking a private taxi in advance will make it possible to start your vacation in the best possible way, since a driver will be waiting for you at the airport with a sign and you will not miss a second to visit this beautiful city known for its art, the beauty of its landscape but also for its excellent food.
Now all that remains is to go deeper into the subject, to discover this fantastic city that expects nothing more than to be visited.
What to see in Catania
Thanks to the many flights, even low cost ones, that connect the main European cities to Catania, it has become an increasingly chosen and loved destination. Because of this, it is important to know what to visit in Catania so as not to miss anything. The Sicilian Baroque, which the city is rich in, has been declared a World Heritage Site and it is therefore a must to visit Catania if you love art.
- Plazza del Duomo: This is undoubtedly one of the best known and most famous squares in the city. This plazza cannot go unnoticed, so rich in beauty that it takes your breath away. One of the special features of this square is the presence, right in the centre of the square, of the Fountain of the Elephant, known either for the animal that was made from black lava, or for the Egyptian Obelisk that stands on its back. It is a very old and beautiful sculpture. In the same square you can see the Palazzo dei Elefanti, the seat of the Municipality of Catania, Palazzo Chierici and the Amenano fountain;
- Cathedral of Catania, dedicated to St. Agatha: This too is a very important point in the city. The church is, in fact, famous not only in Italy but also abroad for its beauty. The Cathedral is named after the patron saint of the city of Catania and is therefore the most important church in the city and one of the most beautiful in the world;
- Via Etnea: The whole historical centre of Catania is a World Heritage Site, but there are streets that cannot be missed and one of them is Via Etnea. Here you will find imposing palaces in pure Catalan baroque style that must be admired looking upwards;
- Roman Theatre of Catania traces the glorious past of the city, which is worth visiting if you love the Greeks and Romans.
The Bellini Airport at Catania-Fontanarossa (IATA Code CTA) is one of the main Italian airports. To be precise, for the number of passengers, it is the sixth Italian airport. It is an international airport connected both to other Italian cities and abroad. Among all of them, the trip that every year registers the highest number of passengers is the one that connects Catania to Rome, and this is because just thanks to this connection so many tourists arrive to Sicily from all over the world
Since 2018 a new Terminal C has been opened, which is exclusively used by the low-cost airline EasyJet, which operates several flights to Schengen countries from this airport.
Indicative taxi fares in Catania
|Taxi in Catania
|From Catania Airport to Piazza del Duomo
|from €14 per person
|from €8 per person
|From Catania Airport to Taormina:
|from €34 per person
|from €16 per person
|From Catania Airport to Etna
|from €30 per person
|from €15 per person
Distances from Catania Airport to a few points of interest
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport is almost 10 km from the city centre. Therefore, by car or taxi the trip will be quite short and you will save a lot of time compared to other means of transport such as the bus. Here are some examples of distances and travel times:
- From Catania Airport to Piazza del Duomo: 6 km distance and average travel time of 20 minutes
- From Catania Airport to Sant'Agata Cathedral: 6 km distance and average travel time of 20 minutes
- From Catania Airport to Etna: 45 km distance and average travel time of 60 minutes;
- From Catania Airport to Taormina: 56 km distance and average travel time 60 minutes;
Transport in Catania
To move around in Catania there are several possibilities available. You can go from the AMT city buses that cover a large part of the city's territory and can also reach Acitrezza and Acicastello. The value of a ticket, which is valid for 90 minutes, is 1 euro although it is possible to buy a day ticket which costs 2.50 euros and can be used all day.
It is also possible to use the metro which is active from 6:40 a.m. leaving from Nesima CT Station and from 7:00 a.m. from Stesicoro CT Station. The last trips are at 20:45 and 21:10. The service is not active during holidays or on Sundays. The ticket costs 1 euro and is valid for 90 minutes, while if you want to buy the daily ticket it costs 2 euros. It will also be possible to rent a car if you would like to.
To find out more information such as timetables, fares and stops, we recommend that you visit the official web page from Public Transport in Catania.
Taxileader.net service from Catania Airport
If you want to get to the city centre as soon as possible, the best option is to take a taxi. By choosing the service of Taxileader.net from Catania-Fontanarossa Airport you will have the best drivers available. They will wait for the passenger outside the arrival area of the airport, with a sign showing the name and surname indicated at the time of booking.
The service has very competitive costs and is perfect for those who prefer to have someone waiting for them on arrival and arrive as soon as possible to their destination, not wasting even a second. At the time of booking, a small deposit will be required as well as confirmation of the number of passengers and the number of pieces of luggage. By doing so, the best private transfer service from Catania Airport to the city centre or another destination will be provided.
In the confirmation email from the service, which usually arrives within a few hours after the deposit is paid, the summary of the reservation will be sent together with an emergency number, which should be contacted in case of delays, flight changes or any other kind of problem.
These are some of the many benefits of the service:
- Personalised service with online booking 24 hours a day;
- Safe and secure payment;
- Transport by drivers holding a full license;
- Greeting directly at the airport with a sign
- No surcharge is required in the event of a delayed flight;
- Price locked in at the time of booking;
- Possibility of choosing the vehicle that best suits your needs and the number of passengers
- Modern and comfortable vehicles;
- Free confirmation SMS.
How to book a private taxi in Catania
Booking with Taxileader.net you will have the security of choosing a qualified and professional service. You can book in a few minutes by calling our customer service or simply by filling out the booking form located on this page. To make the reservation you will be asked only to pay the deposit and what is left you will pay in cash directly to the driver.
By filling in the form you have the maximum freedom to personalise the transfer, requesting a return or single journey, even choosing different pick-up points for both the outward and return journey. A service that can be easily used 365 days a year, with affordable prices and a customer service that stands out for its efficiency and friendliness.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How far is the airport from the city centre? The airport is about 8 km from the centre, about 20 minutes by car or taxi.
- What happens if my flight is delayed? You will not have to pay any charges for delays, but it will be mandatory to notify your driver by sending an SMS to the emergency number.
- Does the price vary according to traffic conditions? No. With the private taxi service you will pay a fixed price that you will know at the time of booking.
- How do you recognise the driver? The driver will be waiting in the arrivals area of the airport, showing a sign with the name entered in the reservation.